Saturday, June 25, 2005

Celtic Cross: Curiosity

Celtic Cross: Curiosity

Hi, Celti. The things that I found a bit "unBritish" in your list were these: 1. Don't do low-carb diets; they mess you up; 2. "Ghosts, Hauntings & the Paranormal" -- oh, no; I know from reading your stuff that you don't seem credulous or gullible in the least (this excludes deities, as I too have my own very personal relation with my own, which bears no resemblance to religion of any kind); 3. Guns -- hate them with all your will and might; I've been shot before, and am a damned good shot myself, but we should ban this technology from any decent world; and lastly, 4. "Evita"???!!!! -- oh, lord no. But otherwise, I realloy respect what you stand for, and you seem a really good person. Keep it up.

All the best, Jim Friday

2 comments:

  1. The diet I do is modified so it isn't so bad for you - not like Atkins which is just to extreme. I consume "good" carbs such as whole grains and fruits. On the Ghosts & such, it's not so much that I believe in them - the pursuit of information and stories about them is intriguing. Guns - I would never shoot a living creature, but their power fascinates me. Target shooting only. What's wrong with Evita? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Celti. Good about the diet -- I thought you were on protein/fat only, which can wreck the liver and kidneys. OK about Ghosts, etc. -- it's just that in Britain we're inundated with magazine, TV and book stories about such things, by people who make a lot of money out of folk's gullibility. Yes, I remember the power of firing a gun. In University in the States, I had an M1 under my bed for reasons which I no longer remember; I loved the beretta 9mm and another (much heavier) gun I had -- but Britain is much more dubious about guns. It comes with the British territory, since most of us are barbarians when angry. As for Evita, I don't know. It just makes me ill, like most musicals -- so I admit my prejudice.
    LOL, Jim

    ReplyDelete